Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The Time of My Life!




For the past 15 months, I’ve been very very happy.  Sure there have been challenges, but as the song says “When I look around and I think things over, all of my good days out weigh my bad days.   I won't complain.”

September 2013 – Saw Earth Wind & Fire.

October 2013 – Attended the ballet.

November 2013 – Witnessed my all-time favorite conductor, John Williams, direct the symphony orchestra as they played selections from the Star Wars films.  I also attended a show where comedian Chris Tucker performed.



December 2013 – Cruised the Caribbean from San Juan with stops in St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Barbados, St. Lucia and St. Kitts.


 
January 2014 – Saw Babyface in concert.  Accidentally touched his behind when he came into the audience (was aiming for his shoulder). 



February 2014 – Enjoyed a special birthday celebration weekend with Avant.  I also attended another ballet.

March 2014 – Saw Bobby Brown and Boyz II Men in concert.  My interim job became permanent.



April 2014 – Enjoyed John Legend in concert and completed my last graduate school course.



May 2014 – This was a big month!  Saw Aretha Franklin, attended my first Wine and Canvas painting event, attended another ballet and purchased my first piece of LeVian jewelry.



June 2014 – Visited Ice in San Antonio while at conference and attended a Cee Lo Green/Lionel Richie concert.  My biggest accomplishment that month was completing Capstone and earning my graduate degree. Oh, and I started this blog!!!



July 2014 – More Wine and Canvas (twice!), vacationed in Orlando, bought a timeshare in Myrtle Beach, and saw New Edition in concert.  I lost a good friend to cancer earlier in the month, but praise God her suffering ended.



August 2014 – Another big concert month!  Boney James, Brian Culbertson, Robin Thicke, Santana, Rod Stewart and my teenage crush, El DeBarge (lost my mind at that concert – I held his hand!).   Oh, and more Wine and Canvas (twice).


September 2014 – Achieved my dream of visiting New England in the Fall.  Flew into Boston and traveled through Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Maine.  Due to crazy weather the foliage had not changed, but driving up the coast was amazing.  And who could forget me breaking my shoulder.



October 2014 – Spent the month recovering at home, but was able to see Gladys Knight and attend the ballet.

November 2014– Still at home recovering, but I was able to participate in Commencement without a sling!  Returned to work the week of Thanksgiving.



December 2014 – Cruised the Caribbean, spending time in New Orleans, Cozumel, Belize and Honduras.  My balcony cabin was upgraded to a penthouse suite.  Nothing but favor! More LeVian, too.  I also got a kiss on the cheek by a very sweet camel at church Christmas Eve. 


Lord, I praise you for 2014.  My best is yet to come in 2015!


Question:  Can you name something each month that has brought you joy?


Scripture:  Psalm 145

No comments:

Post a Comment