Tuesday, December 8, 2015

In Memorium

In Memorium
Peter
July 10, 1957 – December 4, 2015


This post appeared in a different social media outlet on December 4th.  Because he was mentioned in my blog, I want to share my tribute to Peter here. 

In January 2010 all the key leaders at my college were summoned to a meeting in our main office downstate.  Those in my division broke off into a group and I sat next to a chatty man named Peter who said it was his third day on the job in his region. I welcomed him by giving him a piece of chocolate candy. He said if you feed a stray they never leave. That was the start of our 5 year friendship, or as Peter would say "work marriage."

I was the wife that kept him centered.  He was the husband that made cranberry brownies for me and catered to my cupcake addiction. At our October Conference Peter said I was the inspiration for the cupcake dessert bar.



My colleagues and I learned this morning that Peter passed away. I guess his resume was so good that God skipped the interview and gave him a new job in Paradise.

I talked to his sister tonight, and she said how highly he spoke of his college family. She thanked me for keeping Peter in line. That's a wife's job.


Rest in Heaven, My Love.

2 comments:

  1. I pray that God brings you and his family comfort during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I'm having a difficult time with his death. He was a kind soul. :-)

    ReplyDelete