Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Emancipation

June 20, 2016 I made a decision that will forever change me life. I submitted a letter of resignation to my supervisor.  I gave notice that my last day of work would be July 1, 2016.  I decided to quit my job with no immediate job lined up.



Doesn't that sound crazy?  Some think so, but I've never felt more free.  So free in fact that while I type this I'm poolside at a resort wearing a bathing suit.  I've done that twice in my 46 years on this planet, the first time being February 2011 in Jamaica.

Now I'm the conservative one in my family.  I plan, I analyze, and I count all the cost before I act.  I did those things, in fact I've been crunching numbers for a year now and with my research combined with prayer I made a move.  My plan was to give notice July 12th and work until July 31st.  God had other plans though and allowed a financial transaction to happen several weeks earlier (before the stock market crashed), giving me the clear to leave earlier.  Won't He do it?

I am taking the next 12 months of my life to "Do Fluffy" so to speak. I will take time to enjoy the life God has so richly blessed me with while laying the ground work for the future.  One of the most peaceful times I've experienced was when I recovered from a broken shoulder in 2014.  This time I have no broken bones, but I'm breaking the chains that have had me bound.  Thank you God for freedom.

Question:  What has you bound by chains?  Who/What is the Master that has you enslaved?

Scripture: Galatians 5:1 

2 comments:

  1. This is brave and truly the definition of stepping out on faith. I hope you find more of God on this journey which will also show you more of yourself. True courage stares you back in the mirror.

    ReplyDelete