Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Catching Up

As you can see, I've been away for a bit. As much as I love posting to my blog, I've realized that I could not do this professionally - at least not at this point in my career. Unlike the people in my blogging group, I cannot compose an update at the drop of a hat. I have to be inspired to craft a post. Each entry must have a purpose, something that will encourage or inspire the reader. I like to write, but I don't have the gift of writing daily. I'm okay with that, and make no apologies.

I write in a personal journal and those thoughts are between God and me. I'm not comfortable putting all my thoughts available to the world. I've worked very hard to keep my identity private for this blog, as all the posts are deeply personal and reference people active in my life.  Had a brief scare in October when Avant emailed me (yes, he has resurfaced – more later) and my email address appeared as “Miss Wisdom” in the “To” section of message.  I was sitting in my virtual office aka a local coffee shop (I pay my rent in lattes) when I made the discovery.   Talk about a moment of panic.  I let fear get the best of me - I didn't want him to know I've been writing about him.  About my feelings.  I let fear get the best of me.

So why am I posting today, November 23, the day before Thanksgiving?  I got hit with a quadruple conviction to pick up the pen (or keyboard) again.  I got a Godly whooping so to speak.

Conviction #1
Pastor Toure Roberts visited my church and delivered a message titled “It’s You Time.” A few statements at the beginning of the message jacked me up. 

“God is waiting for You.”

“There is a new YOU to be revealed.  Come from behind the curtain.”

Conviction #2
“If you are you, you will walk in such power and victory.” 

Pastor Toure was at it again. Watch here.


Conviction #3a
Sarah Jakes Roberts went there on Friday at our women’s conference. Watch here.

Conviction #3b
Saturday April jabs me in the ribs at the women’s conference. Why?  Sarah spoke yet again.

“You have to share your story.”

Conviction #4
Any speaking engagement or workshop I give includes a short poem by Langston Hughes.  It’s my signature so to speak.  So as I’m pondering my business, blog and how I want life to bless others this happened Tuesday at 9am.  Watch what Sarah's father said here.

I have a story to tell, and I’m committed.  These posts will one day be published in a book to encourage and lift women….and they’ll be published under my legal name.



Happy Thanksgiving!

Question:  Do you really believe your story is worth telling?

Scripture:  Matthew 13:10-17

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that you are back. I've missed your writings and your story is important to you and is important for others. Don't be ashamed of your feelings. You owned each one. If he saw it, it's your story and your truth. Maybe he could learn a thing or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that reminder. These are my feelings and I own them. :-)

      Delete